Data SIM, m2m, Iot & Agnostic e-SIM
Do you use SIM cards for other reasons than in a mobile phone? If so please read on. We have managed SIM solutions across numerous networks in the UK and around the world.
Whether you need low use SIMs for IOT use, or high use 5G ready SIM’s for pop up locations or backup, we can help.
Technology has changed the way we live and work. Much of this is down to automation. Industries have been using radio telemetry for years so that machines can communicating with each other to automate tasks. In more recent years Machine to Machine (M2M) communications have made use of the cellular networks.
M2M SIM cards allow connectivity between two devices without touching the internet and have been used for a number of years.The Internet of Things (IoT) in more recent years, has allows us to connect all manner of devices via IP using the internet (whether public or private). We can connect to virtually anything these days to control, monitor and collect information.
If you have a handful of SIMs to manage, and the machines they sit in are local, then managing an estate is relatively easy. If you have an estate of thousands however, this becomes a serious undertaking. It is further complicated if that estate of SIMs is inaccessible as they are embedded in devices or because they are in geographically remote or hard to access locations. The complication might simply be that they are spread across a large geographic area, spanning multiple countries or even continents.
HM Network can provide a number of SIM solutions including M2M and now eSIM. eSIM is a major evolution in SIM technology. They can be reprogrammed Over The Air (OTA). If you have an estate of SIMs you could change the network remotely without having to physically swap the SIM. Take advantage of better airtime commercials without having to commit the man power.
We work with a well known events company who take their ticket scanning devices to locations around the UK with our agnostic eSIMs in each unit. When they turn up to site they can rest assured that a network connection can be obtained from whichever carrier is best locally without having to swap out SIMS. We simply bill for the data used.
Our Mobile Manager Portal allows you to drill down into each SIM to check usage, activate, bar, set alerts and much more.
eSIMs are GSMA compliant. They do not have a home network – they are un-steered so they are able to connect to the strongest signal, no steering and no preference. eSIM can be seen as a container for multiple SIM profiles (which can be added to / updated OTA).
A single eSIM can potentially have multiple connectivity options at any given time. Every eSIM is assigned a ‘bootstrap profile’ after it has been manufactured which means that the SIM can connect wherever it is activated around the globe.
UK coverage on EE, O2, Three & Vodafone. UK breakout. Global coverage over 450 networks in 190 countries.
We also offer a range of business and industrial 4G routers including the Robustel range. Please see video below:use
How This Service will help you:
Smart sensors, connected vehicles, fitness equipment, smartwatches, CCTV, smart meters, agriculture, farming, smart sensors for live stock, transport, traffic lights & signals, smart signage, vending machines, gaming machines, hotels, card payment machines, door entry, remote access… and much more.
frequently asked questions
Our physical SIM cards are standard size triple cut so: standard size, Nano (4FF), Micro (3FF) Mini (2FF). We can also offer as embeddable (MFF2). Please contact us for more information
Typical allowances per SIM are 10MB to 200GB per month. We can however provide pooled data and bespoke contracts for larger consumption.
With Mobile Manager you can easily activate and manage SIMs. If you need to activate a large number of SIMs we can provide support for this.
The eSIM network has an SLA of 99.9% and is monitored and supported on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
Yes. Our eSIMs are ruggedized and appropriate for extreme environments such as low / high temperatures, vibration and humidity. Full details available upon request.
- SIM – Subscriber Identity Module. Contains the credentials for accessing a particular mobile network, including the IMSI.
- eSIM – Embedded SIM card. Originally eSIM technology (the ability to reprogram a SIM remotely) was exclusively available on a SIM that was permanently embedded in a device. This is no longer the case and eSIM technology is now available on removable plastic SIMs compatible with any device with a SIM slot.
- eID – eUICC-ID. This is the unique serial number of each eSIM
- UICC – Universal Integrated Circuit Card. The plastic smart card that houses the SIM and enables access to mobile networks
- eUICC – Embedded UICC. Many people use eSIM and eUICC interchangeably. This might not strictly be accurate but works well as long as people remember that the technology is no longer exclusively an embedded technology.
- FF – Form Factor. SIMs come in different shapes and sizes, technically referred to as different Form Factors. MFF implies a Multi Form Factor SIM that can fit various SIM slot sizes.
- IMSI – International Mobile Subscriber Identity. The unique identifying code of a subscriber on a mobile network.
- MNO – Mobile Network Operator. A provider of mobile communications services that operates its own mobile radio network.
MVNO – Mobile Virtual Network Operator. A provider of mobile communications services that operates its own mobile core network but relies on MNO owned and operated mobile radio network(s).